Wednesday, February 08, 2006
Outing With China Students
Today was the most tiring day since I started working....morning go into the office and then started to rush out whatever important documents....quickly go for lunh at 11.30am and then got ready to bring all the China students and teachers out.First stop...walked to Amoy Street and told them about the Tian Hock Temple. Next walked all the way to Chinatown...today's weather was so damn hot! Brought them to see the Mosque and Indian Temple...next went to the Singapore Chinese Heritage Centre and introduced them to the early days of Singapore migrants...I must say I can be a part-time tour guide!After that we took MRT to the Esplanade...introduced them to this Durian Building and let them took pictures...by the time we finished, everyone was very tired...we rested for awhile before going to the Merlion and there they took lots of pics...my colleague and I ate ice-cream while they walked around there...from there we proceed to walk to the MRT station and go to Bugis....By then, all of them were really tired...can't blame them really...they were all not used to the weather...and today was extremely warm while in China it was snowing!Went to Bugis and had dinner at the foodcourt...well after a whole day of walking, they were very tired and hungry.....anyway these 6 students were all rich kids and so they are real pampered...The older teacher (68yrs old mind you!) decided that they wanted to return to the hostel earlier! My...was Heyang(my colleague) and I happy to hear that! Arranged the transport to come pick them earlier and arranged for DC to come pick me...my ankles were all swollen and painful after walking the whole day and, I am really really very tired! Although it was tiring, I must say it was kind of fun having to let these kids know abit of Singapore's culture and standards of living....well what DC said was true...although I am real busy at work but at least it was rewarding...ok..really bushed now so time to go to bed!
kittylover feeling feeling at 9:20 PM